1. These terms of business (hereinafter “TOB”) apply to all agreements between Cambridge Copy and Translation SL (hereinafter “CCT”) and the Client, subject to any further conditions agreed for each piece of work (hereinafter “Project”). No other TOB shall apply unless expressly agreed by CCT and the Client.
2. No final quotation or return date shall be given by CCT until all source material (hereinafter “SM”) and final instructions have been received from the Client. Any other estimates are not considered binding. Quotations are valid for 30 days from their date.
3. The deliverable work (hereinafter “DW”) resulting from a Project remains the property of CCT until full payment is received from the Client, at which time copyright automatically passes to the Client.
4. Payment in full shall be received by CCT no later than 30 days from the date of invoice via the specified method of payment, after which interest shall be applied at 2.5% per month to all overdue sums.
5. CCT shall exercise due caution regarding disclosure of any information contained in the SM or DW of this Project. The SM or DW will only be considered confidential to the level expressly specified by the Client. A third party may be consulted over specific terminology queries.
6. If the DW is altered in any way without written permission from CCT, CCT shall not be liable for such amendments or their consequences. In case of errors or omissions in the DW, the Client shall specify the nature of any defect to be remedied and CCT shall be entitled to remedy such defects within a reasonable time and at no further cost to the Client. Any complaint in connection with the DW shall be notified to CCT by the Client within 5 working days of its delivery. Any such process shall not affect the payment conditions described in clause 4.
7. If any changes are made to the SM or requirements while this Project is in progress, CCT reserves the right to adjust the cost or return date correspondingly. If a commissioned Project is cancelled, reduced in scope, or frustrated by an act or omission by the Client or their agent, the Client shall pay CCT the full contracted sum unless otherwise agreed in advance. If a Project is delayed by the fault of CCT, the original quotation will remain unchanged unless explicitly specified by the Client in advance.
8. CCT shall complete the Project to the best of its ability and knowledge. Liability for damages shall be limited to breach of material contractual obligations and in any case to the invoiced value of the Project.
9. The Client shall inform CCT of any requirements regarding the Project and provide to CCT any information and documentation (e.g., glossaries, illustrations, or prior work) required for its completion. CCT shall not be responsible for any defects resulting from noncompliance with these obligations.
11. CCT accepts the Project from the Client on the understanding that its performance will not infringe any third-party rights. The Client undertakes to hold and keep CCT harmless from any claim regarding infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights, or any other legal action that may arise as a result of the content of the SM or DW.
12. These TOB are to be construed in accordance with Spanish law. Any dispute can be submitted by the Client or CCT to a relevant arbitration service within 1 month of delivery of the DW and will thereafter be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Spanish courts. No waiver of any breach of any condition in this document shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.